Grammar rules

  Hello everyone, welcome back to my blog again! For today blog is, I'm going to share top 11 grammar rules and table tenses. Let's start! (^∇^)

P1 : Present tense = +s/-s
P2 : Process (continuous tense) = +ing
P3 : Past tense = +ed/spelling change
P4 : +ed/spelling change/+n

【TOP 11 GRAMMAR RULES】

1. Present tense (SVA)
- 1 +s, >1 -s
 * Except for 'you' and 'I'
 ** Including P3: 'was' and 'were'

[Examples 1 +s]
It is, He was, She does, The answer explains, The child cries

[Examples >1 -s]
They are, They were, We do, The answers explain, The children cry

2. Articles
- a/an +1, >1 +s (singular, plural)
 * Exception to the rule

[Correct examples]
A boy, boys 
* Information, work

[Wrong examples]
Boy, A boys
* Informations, works

3. Process : B5 + P2
- P1 : am/is/are +ing
- P3 : was/were +ing

[Correct examples]
(B5 + P2) I am playing, He is giving, They were taking

[Wrong examples]
(P2) I playing, He giving, They was taking

4. Passive : B5 + P4
P1 : am/is/are + P4
P3 : was/were + P4

[Correct examples]
(B5 + P4) am shown, is made, was explained

[Wrong examples]
(B5 + ?) am show, is making, were explains

5. Perfect tense : 3H + P4
P1 : has/have + P4
P3 : had + P4

[Correct examples]
(3H + P4) has flown, have shaken, had discussed

[Wrong examples]
(3H + ?) Has fly, have shakes, had discussing

6. By + ing
[Correct examples]
By taking

[Wrong examples]
By take, by takes, by took, by taken

7. For + ing
[Correct examples]
For buying

[Wrong examples]
For buy, for buys, for bought

8. To + ori
[Correct examples]
To choose

[Wrong examples]
To chooses, to choosing, to chose, to chosen, to choice (noun)

9. To + be + P4
- (Passive/songsang)

[Correct examples]
To be seen

[Wrong examples]
To be see, to be sees, to be seeing, to be saw

10. Modal + ori
- Modals : can, could, must, may, shall, should, will, would, might, cannot, mustn't, shouldn't, won't etc.

[Correct examples]
Can smoke

[Wrong examples]
Can smokes, can smoking, can smoked

11. Modal + be + P4
- (Passive/songsang)

[Correct examples]
Must be eaten

[Wrong examples]
Must be eat, must be eats, must be eating, must be ate

【TABLE OF TENSES】
   
  P1 : PRESENT
(+s)                 (-s)
-am/is            -are
-has                -have
-makes           -make
-holds             -hold
-advises         -advise
-plays             -play
-prepares       -prepare
-scores          -score
-knows          -know
-throws         -throw
-steals          -steal

P2 : PROCESS
(+ing)
-being
-having
-making
-holding
-advising
-playing
-preparing
-scoring
-knowing
-throwing
-stealing

P3 : PAST
(+ed/sp)
-was/were
-hade
-made
-held
-advised
-played 
-prepared
-scored
-knew
-threw
-stole

P4 : PARTICIPLE
(+ed/sp/+n)
-been
-had
-made
-held
-advised
-played
-prepared
-scored
-known
-thrown
-stolen

  
  To be honest, I do not understand much about English grammar, because I'm weak in English and I also rarely do English grammar exercises, especially the past tense and participle. There are many times I'm confused, because sometimes I need to add ing, sometimes need to add n and sometimes need to add ed. But after I read this note, I think past tense is interesting and this note is easy to understand. Although I'm still don't know much about participle, but I'll do more exercises to improve my English grammar! That's all from me, thank you for reading my blog!

评论

此博客中的热门博文

The different situations